Author Topic: Probably the Last Update  (Read 14053 times)

Leirosa

• Lotus Goddess Leader
  • Administrator
  • Level 40
    • View Profile
    • Eastern Morning
Probably the Last Update
« on: January 20, 2009, 07:13:05 AM »
Given the current state of affairs I must announce that this site is, for all intents and purposes, considered to be closed for updates.  However, it will continue to exist and I have no plans to shut it down.

- Fixed a major bug in the gallery code (Screenshots and Clothing sections)
- New link to the site available: http://fwo.lotusgoddess.ca  The old links will continue to function.

~MiaoCuihua
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 12:03:40 PM by Leirosa »

zeppelin`

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: Probably the Last Update
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 05:04:09 AM »
sad times :<  i hope there will be a fwo resurection project soon and with it a return of this site again

Leirosa

• Lotus Goddess Leader
  • Administrator
  • Level 40
    • View Profile
    • Eastern Morning
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 01:07:28 AM »
If it really comes back in some way, then I may run updates again, but frankly.. after experiencing what happened with Storm Riders Online, I'm not really holding out any hopes.

zeppelin`

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 06:33:25 AM »
understandable.  i was hoping that because fwo has no more distributors, and the developers are bankrupt; that it would now be open source as i am willing to recode it from scratch with a few friends.  I tried everything, emailing old devs who used to work for PSG, emailing CIB numerous times and trying to find any way to contact them about this.

We shall see, if i do however manage to start a fungwan restoration project, i will post here.

fiby

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 06:06:25 PM »
Hey, its sad to hear that this game has come to its end, I remeber playing it years ago tho the beta's were the best times. I did leave when it went to 2 servers tho I did pop in now and again to say hi!

I'm a student that studys games design in sheffield hallam so if you ever get this project started give me a shout and ill sure to help however I can, good luck and hope to see somthing going in the near future.

ongweijian

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 01:11:25 AM »
Can make a fwo private server?i really want to play fwo again.All the good times in fwo.

zeppelin`

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 10:48:25 AM »
Hey, its sad to hear that this game has come to its end, I remeber playing it years ago tho the beta's were the best times. I did leave when it went to 2 servers tho I did pop in now and again to say hi!

I'm a student that studys games design in sheffield hallam so if you ever get this project started give me a shout and ill sure to help however I can, good luck and hope to see somthing going in the near future.

hey, good to see another brit who played fwo :> there were loads in the betas who i became good friends with then then they all seemed to die out.  keep an eye on the forums mate as i will give u a bell if we get the go ahead.  we have 3 people in atm, i only program in haskell (lol) but the other 2 are fine with c++ java etc that we will probably need.  it all depends on wether or not we can get our hands on the source.  aslong as u enjoy the game, but ofcourse any game dev knowledge would be nice :>

lain1986

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 02:25:24 PM »
hope Fung wan online will be back alive....
was good time to playing this game
every time when i looking new online game in the internet
i still missing this game.....
Good luck for those who are trying hard to rebuild this game

Tao

• SSC Officer (Oct 2011)
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2009, 05:23:38 AM »
Just stumbled upon this site while looking up Fung Wan. I remember this site in its infancy. I played the game in beta and off and on for years under the handle Tao.
I guess it finally died out? That's too bad it never had enough support and its various developers always seemed to be going in the wrong direction. I hope the community gets a hold of the source, the game has a lot of potential in the right hands.

Good times!  ;)
~Tao

huhuh

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 10:17:51 PM »
fwu.fallen-phoenix.com woot

ongweijian

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2009, 05:03:06 PM »
that is the website i also found yesterday but i dont know how to download the clien patch.can teach me?

EzraK

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2009, 04:22:14 AM »
that is the website i also found yesterday but i dont know how to download the clien patch.can teach me?
Using torrent file to download.
I downloaded that.

EzraK

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2009, 08:23:41 AM »